Accreditation Appeal Committee
The Accreditation Appeal Committee is a committee established under Regulation 347/02, Accreditation of Teacher Education Programs. The committee considers appeals from teacher education providers whose programs have been denied accreditation or awarded accreditation with conditions. The appeal process ensures that pre-service programs and in-service courses are accredited fairly by allowing appellants to present new information and request to have the decision reviewed.
In 2019, an orientation and training session was provided for committee members. The session included information on the committee’s mandate and role, committee processes, and administrative law, deliberations and decision writing.
There were no appeals received by the committee in 2019.
- Charles Dimitry Abraham, OCT (e)
- Bob Cooper, OCT (a) (from February 15, 2019)
- Melissa Gaffen, OCT (e)
- Mary Ellen Gucciardi, OCT (e) (from December 6, 2019)
- Alicia Nunn, OCT (e) (Chair) (to October 28, 2019)
- Jonathan Rose (a) (Vice-Chair)
(a) = appointed
(e) = elected